Sport Horse Committee
To foster and advance the breeding and development of the highest quality dressage sport horses and to promote a strong foundation for the dressage sport horse development pipeline in the United States.
- To educate breeders, owners, buyers, handlers, trainers, and judges about the ideals of both dressage sport horse prospects and breeding stock.
- Encourage and acknowledge the efforts of USDF member breeders in producing the highest quality dressage sport horse.
- Provide dressage sport horse competition management, owners, and breeders with competition guidelines and opportunities.
- Promote USDF horse recordings and tracking of competition results.
- Nurture and develop future generations for the dressage sport horse breeding industry.
- Review and update all proposed USDF sport horse scoresheets and instruction documents.
- Review the tagline currently used in ads “Recognizing quality bloodline and dressage prospects across the nation”.
- Implement the online educational module on materiale classes.
- Develop outreach efforts to show management to include 2021 program changes and to encourage better inclusion/promotion of the materiale classes, the Three-Year-Old Prospect Award, Four-Year-Old Prospect Division, as well as the Adult Amateur and Jr/YR handler classes.
Continue USDF Sport Horse Education Programs through either in-person or online options depending on USDF Executive Board recommendations for the 2021 calendar year.
- USDF Sport Horse Prospect Development Forum and/or alternative virtual options
- USDF Youth/Young Adult Dressage Sport Horse Breeders Seminar and/or an alternative virtual option
- USDF Sport Horse Handler’s Clinic and/or an alternative virtual option
- USDF Sport Horse Seminar and/or an alternative virtual option
- Continue the USDF Sport Horse Youth/Young Adult Ambassador Program.
- Investigate the possibilities of a certification or recognition program for sport horse handlers.
- Evaluate the potential for an additional tier(s) to the USDF Breeder of Distinction Award that includes dressage performance classes.
- 8. Continue evaluation of an Adult Amateur and Jr/YR handler championship division.
|Position||Region||Name & Email||Phone||Fax|
|Chair||6||Kristi Wysocki||(303) 324-3143|
|Co-Chair||1||Natalie DiBerardinis||(802) 356-6900||(410) 658-9228|
|Advisor||7||Christine S Traurig||(760) 931-9477|
|Liaison||2||Stacy Marie Durham||(859) 271-7894|
|Youth Ambassador||1||Caitlin Gallagher||(484) 226-7366|
|Member||1||Janine W Malone||(919) 269-7307|
|Member||1||Christine Louise Smith||(540) 664-0234|
|Member||1||Melanie A. Sloyer||(610) 420-2535||(610) 873-3045|
|Member||2||Susan Mandas||(937) 272-9068|
|Member||4||Deborah J Davenport||(785) 218-8492|
|Member||5||Anne Sparks||(505) 873-9043|
|Youth Ambassador||5||Shea Christine Johnson||(915) 240-3710|
|Member||7||Melissa Creswick||(559) 250-1226||(559) 323-9769|
|Member||8||Kathy Hickerson||(603) 673-4344||(603) 672-0139|
|Youth Ambassador||9||Erin Bell Altman||(210) 870-3953|
|Member||9||Regina Milliken||(985) 630-3418||(847) 888-1255|
|Member||9||Jan Colley||(512) 565-1134|