Specific All-Breeds Dressage Sport Horse Breeding Award Rules
These rules are in addition to the General Rules for Adequan®/USDF Year-End Awards found in the USDF Member Guide.
- A horse must be declared with an all-breeds participating organization (PO) by August 1 of the award year in order to participate in the all-breeds award program. Late fees will apply for horses declared for the all-breeds awards after August 1. Exception: foals of the current year.
- Declarations can be made by submitting a copy of the horse's breed papers and the All-Breeds Awards Declaration Form to USDF. Documentation may be faxed, mailed, or emailed.
- Owners of foals of the current year, which have not yet received breed papers from their participating organization, may submit a letter from the PO stating that the foal is eligible for the Adequan®/USDF All-Breeds Awards.
- Foal letters of eligibility will remain on file only through December 31 of the foal year.
- It is the responsibility of the owner to submit the horse’s breed papers, once issued, along with the All-Breeds Awards Declaration Form.
- Owners should access the list of all-breeds POs on the USDF website. NOTE: Some all-breeds POs do not give awards in the Dressage Sport Horse Breeding (DSHB) category. It is the responsibility of the owner to verify if their PO has chosen to recognize the DSHB category.
- Once an all-breeds declaration has been made, it can only be changed by submitting the All-Breeds Awards Declaration Form and the $50 declaration change fee to USDF by August 1 of the award year.
- Horse and owner must meet all requirements of the PO.
- Specific eligibility criteria for DSHB HOY must be met.
- For competition purposes, the age of a horse is considered to be one year old on January 1 following the actual date of foaling.
- Age/sex eligibility is determined as follows:
- Fillies and colts three years of age and under may show ONLY in dressage sport horse prospects classes/categories.
- Mares and stallions age four and over may show only in breeding stock classes/categories.
- Geldings of any age may NOT show in breeding stock classes/categories. Geldings age three and under may show ONLY in sport horse classes/categories.